A word that has become a part of my daily vocabulary is "Verity." It is a meme on tiktok with a song that I can't stop singing. It's different from most brain rot, which makes it funnier.
A time I felt like I truly belonged was when i joined theatre. I met so many friends, and many of them had similar interests as me. 7th period musical theatre is my favorite part of my day! Absent
A time my mind wanted something different from my heart was when I had to go to the hospital for mental health. My heart really did not want to go because it was hard to be away from my friends. I couldn't have anything with me and felt so lonely. Logically, I knew that I needed to get help, and my mom convinced me to take the step to get the help I needed, even though it was hard. Today in class we read another Emily Dickinson poem about how it feels to try to get over your past relationships. I know more about how to navigate the difference between what the mind wants and what the heart wants.
Someone challenged me when my friend and I disagreed over a math problem and who was right. I defended myself by doing the problem again and explained how to do it. She changed her mind when she watched how I solved the equation. Today in class we learned about arguments and how to use logos pathos and ethos to argue efficiently. It was cool to learn about this because my mom teaches american lit so she yaps about this stuff a lot.
Comments
Post a Comment